This method utilizes the use of a trial offer to quickly create 10 anonymous http/https proxies for free for a period of 1 month. Super easy to do total time is less than 30 minutes. Learn how to turn a VPS server into a private proxy that can be used for many different purposes.
- Ability to create new DO (Digital Ocean) Account
- Credit Card for verification (your card will not be charged).
Sign Up for a new Digital Ocean Account here to take advantage of the $50 free credit offer: https://adultwebhost1.com/digital-ocean
1.Create Digital Ocean Droplet ($5 per month)
Recommended Droplet Settings:
- Ubuntu 16.04.6 (64 Bit)
- $5 per month plan (provides more than enough processing power for our needs and allows us to maximize credit).
- Choose your preferred data center
- Leave other settings at their default values
After clicking the ‘Create Droplet’ button, it will take less than 5 minutes for your new droplet to be provisioned. Once you receive the’Your New Droplet…’ email you are ready to move onto the next step.
2.Using The Web Based Console
The Droplet console provides out-of-band access and is available regardless of your network settings. It emulates the access you would have if you were sitting down with a keyboard and monitor attached to the actual server. You can use this feature to set up your first proxy.
The console will open in a new window.
- Username: root
- Password: -copy and paste from email-
- You will need to update your password on your first login – change it to something secure but something that you will remember.
Once you set your password you are ready to start configuring your new server. Enter the following commands into the console to set up the proxy.
How to install TinyProxy on Ubuntu 16.04
3. Download the package lists from the repositories and “update” them to get information on the newest versions of packages and their dependencies.
Enter the following code into the console to update your repository list:
sudo apt-get update
4. Install TinyProxy
Enter the following command and wait for the process to finish to install TinyProxy:
sudo apt-get install tinyproxy
5. After Tiny Proxy is installed – update the config file
There are only two updates that need to be made to the config file in order to activate your new proxy. To modify the config file enter the following command into the console.
sudo nano /etc/tinyproxy.conf
- Scroll a few lines until you see ‘Port 8888’ and change it ‘Port 4321’ or whatever port you prefer.
- Note: you will need to start tinyproxy using root if you choose to run on a port under 1024
- Then scroll to almost the end of the file to update the list of whitelisted IP addresses. You should add your local ip address here – if you dont know it use the following link: https://ipinfo.io/ip
Note: don’t forget to remove the hashtag (#) from the beginning of the local ip address line.
6. Restart TinyProxy so new config settings take affect
sudo /etc/init.d/tinyproxy restart
7. Set Up cron event to prevent memory leakage
To keep your new proxy running on autopilot a daily restart will prevent any type of memory leak, this can be set up with a cron event.
- Open Crontab Editor
- Set Cron Event
0 2 * * * /etc/init.d/tinyproxy restart
8. Browser Configuration
If you are using Firefox, open the Firefox menu in the top right corner, go to Options -> Advanced -> Network and click on the Connection Settings button. This will open the Connection Settings window. Select the Manual proxy configuration radio button. In the HTTP Proxy field, enter the IP Address of your Tinyproxy Server, and the Tinyproxy Port Number (4321) in the Port field.
9. Congratulations – you are ready to go
You have just set up your first anonymous http/https proxy – now complete the process for 9 more droplets to utilize the entire 50 credit and you now have 10 anonymous data center ip addresses that can be used to create accounts, bypass firewalls, youtube views, or whatever purpose that you utilize private proxies for.
- TinyProxy does not support basic authentication only IP Address White List – if username password authentication is needed there are other free proxy scripts available.